Sunday, June 11, 2006

some company in the garden...

meet oscar. he was a stray kitten we took in that exemplified the definition of scaredy cat. he follows me around EVERYWHERE, and often he wishes that he could come outside to help me garden (he is an indoor cat only). most often he sits in the open sill of anyone of my 3 windows overlooking the gardens. and just WHINES incessantly. but it is nice to have the company (sort of) while i weed or tidy the gardens.

and sometimes, i admit, i do talk back.

he does like to stare at the robins that live here, eating the berries off this tree, eating grass seed we throw down to patch the lawn, eating my strawberries...this robin likes to fly into the window every 30 seconds for 5 minutes straight at least once a day. still doesn't quite get that he cannot get in. oscar tries to get him to cease any further brain damage by jumping up onto the table near this window.

oscar also likes to help me blog about the garden....

2 comments:

Dirty Fingernails said...

I love your cats!! I have three of them myself.. They like to help blog too and walk all over the laptop..

R said...

i have one cat, oscar (2.5 years old), and one very pscyho black lab dog (1.5 years old) who loves to destroy my gardens. the cat however loves to sit with me and tries to tame the dog....he does like to sit right in the middle of whatever i am doing that day...work, papers, laptop, knitting....