so, i've left for minnesota to visit family and friends, and to attend a wedding. last minute touches to the garden include:
1. weeding, weeding, forever weeding (ah but it's oh so calming to YANK the little devil spawn out)
2. harvesting lettuce to try to save them from the bolt (sounds like a disease...)
3. planting sugar pumpkin seeds which have already sprouted (i know, a little late, but if the weather holds out in autumn, and i just get 1 pumpkin, it will be worth it)
4. planted lemon cucumber seeds already sprouted hoping the birds don't eat them (ditto)
5. found new plants/weeds in the garden borders. i'm leaving them for now to see if i can identify them later. this one actually looks like some sort of sedum type plant while this one looks like some sort of scary pepper...
6. caught a glimpse of a rabbit similar to this one (i wasn't quick enough for the photo) hopping along in my neighbor's yard right as i was leaving for the airport.
oh darn cute rabbit, i beg your pardon
just wait to see what will happen
should you chance eating my garden